IFB Top Loading Washing Machine
The invention of washing machines has made it easier for us to wash clothes and allowed us to make some more free time for ourselves. Apart from that, it has also enabled us to do the most mundane task – laundry – in a time-effective manner. However, from time to time, washing machines also require care, servicing, and cleaning. All these activities make sure that the washing machine has a long life and works effortlessly for a longer period of time.
Apart from that, making sure that the washing machine is clean also allows the machine to function using lesser resources. As and how the machine gets older, it starts to use more resources such as electricity and water to carry out the same tasks. Therefore, cleaning and maintenance of a washing machine is important to maintain a high level of efficiency.
Today, we are going to take a look at how to clean an IFB washing machine with a top load drum. In this article, we will learn how to clean the water hose mesh filter, how to clean the detergent dispenser drawer, how to clean the filter, and how to apply the tub clean program.
So, lets’ get started:
How to Clean Detergent Dispenser Drawer
First, let’s look at how to clean the detergent dispenser drawer:
A detergent dispenser drawer has a tendency to get dirty because of the constant residue of detergent and water being left behind in the drawer. Because of this, the drawer may start developing a coat of sticky residue, affecting the interior of your IFB top load washing machine. To clean this, we must follow these instructions:
- Pull out the detergent dispenser drawer so that it is easier to clean the residue without affecting other areas of the washing machine.
- Clean the detergent dispenser drawer using warm water. Do NOT pour warm water directly. Using a brush or a cloth is a better option
- Take the cloth and dip it in warm water.
- Use that cloth to wipe the detergent dispenser drawer clean.
- If you have not cleaned this drawer in a long time, it may require water that is slightly hotter than warm water to get rid of the residue completely.
- Clean the siphon using warm water. It is easy to simply remove the siphon from the compartment and wash it under running warm water.
- Clean the water jets that are located on top of the detergent dispenser drawer. This is important because the residues may also develop in this area, leaving it sticky and unclean. To clean this, you must use a bottle brush to clean it out.
Newtech service is well known for best washing machine service in Chennai.
How to Clean Water Hose Mesh Filter
Once we have cleaned the IFB top load washing machine’s detergent dispenser drawer of all the residue and stickiness, it is now time to clean the clean the water hose mesh filter. This filter might accumulate small dirt particles from the water and stop them from entering the washing machine. To clean this out, follow these instructions:
- You must first turn off all the taps.
- Disconnect the power supply to the machine to avoid any mishaps.
- Unscrew the inlet water hose from the machine as well as the tap and drain the remaining water from the hose.
- Remove the mesh filter attached to the hose (it will be on the side that was attached to the tap) and clean it under running water.
- Use a brush to reach smaller crevices and to clean the mesh effectively.
- Use a nosed plier to pull the sieve out of the magnetic valve. Use the same brush and clean the sieve under running water and then fit it back in its place.
- Screw the inlet water hose back to the machine and the tap. Pay extra attention to ensuring that you screw the tap end to the tap and the machine end of the hose to the washing machine.
How to Clean the Filter
It is important to remember that the filter must be cleaned more frequently, as compared to other parts of the washing machine. This will aid in increasing the lifespan of the drain pump and maintain its efficiency.
We also need to remember that we don’t clean the filter in the middle of a program run. It is advised to do it either before or after the machine run.
We must follow the instructions given below, to learn how to clean the filter of your IFB top load washing machine at home:
- First, we must open the detachable bottom door. This can be done using a key or a coin.
- Use a shallow container and place it near the bottom door.
- After that, pull out the drain hose and open the drain plug to remove the water from the machine in the container.
- Once the water is drained through the drain plug, open the filter. All you need to do is rotate the filter in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Remove all foreign objects such as pins, coins, and hooks, if any.
- Once all these objects are removed and the filter is cleaned, tighten the filter and the drain plug in their positions before closing the bottom door.
How to Run Clean Tub Program
It is important to run the ‘Tub Clean’ program to make sure that there are no impurities, scaling, bacteria, and unpleasant smell coming from the washing machine. This program also enables us to maintain the longevity of the washing machine.
Before running the tub program, it is important that we empty the washing machine drum of any clothes. Once the clothes are out, we follow the below-given instructions to run the ‘Tub Clean’ program:
- Add a small amount of detergent powder or desecalant in ‘II’ detergent dispenser drawer to enhance the effectiveness of the program and enable better cleaning.
- We must switch the washing machine ON to run this program.
- Rotate the program selector and select ‘spin dry/ tub clean’ position.
- Press the ‘extra rinse’ and ‘rinse hold’ buttons and hold them for 3 seconds. This will make the display indicate ‘tubàclean’ and the start/pause LED sign with a flash.
- Press the start/pause button to start the program.
- The screen will toggle the program time remaining and the ‘cln’ display during the program’s process.
- Once the program is done, the screen will display ‘end’.
It is recommended that the Tub Clean program should be run atleast once every month, provided that you do not use washing programs with over 60 degree Celsius on a regular basis.
We hope this article was helpful in giving you an insight on how to clean the most important parts of your washing machine. Doing this maintenance check and keeping these parts of your washing machine clean will not only keep your machine healthy, but also increase the lifespan of all these body parts and the machine as a whole.